We are in need of a Structural Engineer for our Miami Office. The person should have minimum 2 years of experience.
The successful candidate will provide structural engineering, specific to vertical building design and construction. This will include working under the supervision of a professional engineer to prepare design calculations, technical reports, cost estimates and construction documents. Assignments may involve new building analysis and design for public and private sector clients, water and waste-water pump stations, treatment plants, and drainage structures, and structural analysis and evaluation of existing structures. You will apply standard engineering techniques to solve problems and develop design solutions.
Other work will include review of shop drawing submittals, respond to contractor’s requests for information and assist drafting staff when required for the production of construction documents utilizing AutoCAD and Revit
You will also assist with proposals to provide services for engineering projects or programs. In addition to office work, travel to project locations may be required in support of field investigations and during construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural design or a Structural Engineering degree from a four year ABET accredited school
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with an emphasis in structural engineering design
- Able to work effectively in team situations
- Knowledge of structural design with different materials (steel, concrete, masonry, and wood at a minimum)
- Knowledge of loads, physics, and materials to understand and predict how structures support and resist self-weight and imposed loads
- High proficiency with AutoCAD
- Experience in preparing plans and specifications for public and private bids
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong Computer skills with standard office software for spreadsheets, documents, and databases
- Highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Valid Driver’s License